Learn to solder with these kits
Here are some of our favorite back-to-school Soldering and Circuitry Kits.
- The Blinky Buildings kit is great for really getting your solder skills honed in. With 20 LEDs to solder, you’ll be a pro solderer by the time this kit is done.
- The StopAndGo kit will let you keep playing after the kit is built – Build it into your LEGO cityscapes.
- Our other favorite soldering kit is the Vellman Heart kit because of its simplicity. It has the four most basic components when learning electronics. It’s easy to step through the function of each component as it gets soldered in the board.
Learn circuitry with these kits
These are our favorite kits for teaching circuitry. In all of these kits, you can visibly see the circuitry and point out where the path of electricity flows. These kits are also great for teaching different types of conductive materials.
- The Bare Conductive Ink Cards use conductive paint.
- The Chibi Lights Starter Kit by Chibitronics uses copper tape and component stickers to create circuits.